Protein powder is very beneficial during pregnancy because it offers many nutritional benefits for both mama and baby, as well as a healthy way to manage weight gain and appetite. In short, protein powder, specifically our Bump Dust formula offers numerous benefits including:
Benefits of Protein Powder During Pregnancy:
- Protein which is a very important macro nutrient during pregnancy
- Folate for developing baby
- Chromium for blood sugar control
- Spirulina and Chlorella for iron and antioxidants
- Omega-3s from chia seeds, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Vitamin B 12 for energy and baby’s development
- Red Raspberry Leaf for uterus health and strength
- Turmeric for blood sugar control and antioxidants
- Chromium for fluid balance and blood sugar control
- Magnesium for fluid balance and swelling
Are protein shakes safe during pregnancy?
We think so! Protein powder is safe during pregnancy if you are using a high-quality protein powder full of tested and organic ingredients. This is really important when choosing a protein powder for pregnancy. A safe protein powder must include the following:
- tested ingredients for heavy metals
- Free of artificial sweeteners
- No fillers or chemicals
- Produced in the US
- organic fruits and veggies
- chelated minerals
- active versions of B vitamins
- folate, rather than folic acid
If you have allergies to soy, gluten, dairy, corn or other foods, make sure the protein powder is free of allergens as well. Our protein powder offers a formula that is free of allergens like soy, gluten, dairy and corn, non-GMO, made is a US, FDA approved facility and tested ingredients. In order for a protein powder to be considered safe, these qualities are really important.
What protein powder is best during pregnancy?
We believe our Bump Dust is a wonderful protein powder during pregnancy because it is clean, full of organic fruits and veggies, energizing and delicious. It offers Folate, rather than folic acid, which is the synthetic form of folate. We also have many super foods that pregnant mamas can benefit from like spirulina, chlorella, turmeric, cinnamon bark and more. Our lactation blend can offer additional benefits during pregnancy, as well as encourage lactation at birth!
Our lactation blend can prepare your body for breastfeeding once baby arrives!
Lactation herbs like fenugreek, fennel seed, milk thistle and brewer’s yeast support hormone health and breast health in non-lactating women, which includes prengnancy. By starting during pregnancy, you are preparing your body to product breast milk after birth!
How much protein do you need during pregnancy?
Pregnancy puts extra protein demands on your body. According to experts, most pregnant women need anywhere between 70-100 grams per day. That is obviously a wide range, but that is based upon your height and weight. The amount of protein you need increases with your height and lean muscle mass. Bump Dust helps you achieve your protein needs without having to eat six eggs a day. Many pregnant mamas have aversions to foods, but Bump Dust offers a sweet and delicious way to consume extra protein with very little sugar.
What’s the best protein shake to make while pregnant?
Here is one of our favorite recipes for a prenatal protein shake that tastes delicious, is super nourishing and really yummy!
The Best Protein Shake For Pregnancy
- 1 scoop Bump Dust
- 1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
- 5-7 whole fresh strawberries
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Blend all ingredients together
Protein powder offers many benefits during pregnancy.
We encourage you to give our protein powder a try, and continue using it for milk supply and weight loss once baby arrives!