This lactation chocolate cake is SO EASY, fudgey and secretly healthy!! We made it with a box mix by Simply Mills for a healthier version. The goal is to help mamas keep up their supply, get back in shape, but also have some dessert too!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any box cake mix you really like, and just follow the directions on the back, while adding one scoop of the Fudge Brownie Milk Dust.
It’s that easy, but here is how we made this cake, healthy frosting and all!
Chocolate Lactation Cake
- 1 Box Simply Mills Chocolate Mix
- 1 scoop Fudge Brownie Milk Dust
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 carton greek yogurt (healthy frosting version)
- 2-3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar or sweetener
- This chocolate lactation cake is SO easy because you get to utilize a box mix. The Simply Mills box mix is one of the best for baking healthy, gluten-free and simple. This takes a lot of the work out of the caket too! You can use any mix you prefer, and just add a scoop of Milk Dust Fudge Brownie to it, and follow the instructions. Start with your box mix in a bowl. Add in one scoop of your Milk Dust Fudge Brownie. Then add in 4 eggs and about 1/2 cup of water. We substituted an extra egg instead of the oil to make it lighter, but you can just follow the directions on the back too! It will still turn out amazing. Stir or mix well, and pour into a greased cake pan. Bake according to the directions on the box. There are many options for frosting!! For a healthy, high-protein version, mix a couple tbsp of cocoa powder with a small carton of greek yogurt. Addpowdered sugar, honey or stevia to sweeten and wait until cool to spread on top. This is the frosting pictured! Otherwise, use any chocolate frosting you like!
Make sure to check out all our recipes here! And also try: