November is here, and we wanted to share this super easy, pumpkin lactation bite recipe. These protein bites are full of milk-boosting ingredients, including the pumpkin, yet are super healthy and low in sugar. Add these to your snack list, or have them as dessert, and you will be able to keep up with your weight loss goals after pregnancy.
Milk Dust is a brand-new resource for new mommies to conquer sugar cravings while breastfeeding, while also increase milk supply. Adding Milk Dust to recipes really helps ensure you are getting in the proper nutrients postpartum, while also keeping your milk supply up. Use code: LACTATION for 10% off your first order.
Pumpkin Pie Lactation Bites (Skinny!)
- food processor
- 2 cups Peanut Flour
- 1/2 cup Water (to mix into peanut flour)
- 1/2 can Pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop Milk Dust Protein Powder
- 4-5 tbsp Coconut Flour (to get desired texture)
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 cup Baking Stevia (or ganulated sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Mix water and peanut flour in a bowl. The consistency should be of heated peanut butter. You can use about 1 cup of heated peanut butter if desired. When peanut butter is heated for about 30 seconds in the microwave, it takes on a thinner consistency. This will be easier to mix. You can mix everything in a large bowl without a food processor, or you can transfer the peanut butter to the food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients. Add in the pumpkin puree, Milk Dust protein, pumpkin pie spice, Stevia and salt. Mix the coconut flour 1 tbsp at a time, to make sure it isn't too dry. The dough should be thick and crumbly, so you can roll into balls. Eat the protein bites right away, or store in the fridge.
Pumpkin offers some amazing nutrients for breastfeeding mamas, so make sure to eat it all you want! It is also full of fiber, low in sugar, and easy to add to baked goods. It can really help with weight loss by helping you feel full on less calories due to the amount of fiber per serving.
Combining fiber and protein is a really effective way to feel full for longer, and diminish cravings later in the day. Make sure to check out our smoothie recipes too!